Butler Delina is a bouncy Boston terrier who just turned one this month. This adorable fella loves to come play and wrestle around with all his friends in the Toybox.
Archive for January, 2010
Rescue dogs have been a great help during the devastating tragedy in Haiti. A special article The Science of Sniffer Dogs by Alan Boyle describes what makes these talented canines very important during a rescue mission. If you find this article interesting or would like to read more about search and rescue dogs you may want to check out Susannah Charleson’s book Scent of the Missing: Love and Partnership with a Search and Rescue Dog.
Charlie Freda is a fluffy chocolate labradoodle who comes for daycare regularly. This bouncy boy loves to play with all his pals in the Gym and show off his muppet looks with his shaggy face
From Amber Sutton, owner of Dogtopia of Woodbridge:
Emergency Supplies Needed in Haiti
By now you are all aware of the devastation in Haiti. Dogtopia & All About Dogs are looking for ways to help and would like to invite you to participate. There is an emergency, real-time need for Relief Supply Kits in Haiti and we are attempting to collect as many supplies as possible THIS WEEK! We hope you’ll be able to bring supplies when you come this week or drop off items during the week! Please also consider sending this request to friends, family and co-workers who might want to help.
Supply Kits help to care for the most vulnerable people during times of crisis. They also help to sustain everyday life by providing basic necessities to people who lack ready access to essential supplies. These kits provide vital support for the work the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) is doing in Haiti. By donating kit supplies or financial gifts to purchase the supplies, you make a direct, tangible difference in sustaining people’s lives.
UMCOR, is the not-for-profit global humanitarian aid organization of the United Methodist Church. UMCOR is working in more than 80 countries worldwide, including Haiti. They are already in country and have a field office there so they have established relationships with the local population. 100% of donations to UMCOR go towards disaster relief efforts.
Due to the emergency of this situation, we need all items by Thursday, January 21st, 2010.
Items can be donated in two ways:
1. Drop off the individual items below (i.e. packs of soap, bandages, or combs, etc.)
2. Create completed kits with the quantities of each item listed below and placed in the gallon zip top bag. (If you choose to make kits, please do not include notes or any other items in the bags as they will be removed before shipping. This is due to strict international shipping regulations.)
All items must be new.
* 1 gallon zip top bag
* 1 hand towel (15″ x 25″ up to 17″ x 27″, No kitchen towels)
* 1 washcloth
* 1 comb (large and sturdy, not pocket-sized)
* 1 nail file or fingernail clippers (no emery boards or toenail clippers)
* 1 bath-size bar of soap (3 oz. and up)
* 1 toothbrush (single brushes only in original wrapper, No child-size brushes)
* 6 adhesive plastic strip sterile bandages
* $1.00 to purchase toothpaste (Please do not purchase the toothpaste. Due to the expiring nature of toothpaste, it is purchased by UMCOR at the time of final shipment)
On Friday, January 22nd, we will be packing the kits for shipment January 23rd-24th.
Thank you in advance for your support!
Article from the Associated Press
Image from Charlie Riedel, Associated Press
Check out this article http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34746139/ , it just confirms that our beloved pups are in fact the peoples choice in the never ending debate of Cats vs. Dogs!
Bacco Giannotto is an adorable little 8-month old bulldog puppy who has stolen the hearts of all the staff at Dogtopia®. Bacco likes coming early to play with all his friends in the Toybox where he romps the day away entertaining everyone with his bulldog noises.
Check this video out from the Today Show! You can also read the article at http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34701355/ns/today-today_people/
Shadow David is a sweet 5-year-old black lab who comes to Dogtopia® for boarding. This lovely girl loves play around the Gym and lick all of her friends.