Can you believe it is 2009? Where did 2008 go? I’m sure many are happy that the year is over and a fresh new year is here. Well, with the new year comes resolutions. Have you made yours?
We’ve been working hard and here is our list:
1) Lose weight: We’ve discovered a new diet and exercise regimen that we’re calling the Dogtopia diet. Want to know how it works? Spend every day playing, chasing, and cuddling dogs, cleaning up the doggie messes, mopping the playroom floors entirely twice a day, cleaning the rest of the facility, and then take about 1/2 hour to catch something to eat and drink. Do this day in and day out and you’ll lose at least a pant size, maybe two.
2) Lose weight part II: The doggie version of the Dogtopia diet. Come to doggie daycare, play with some friends, take a short breather, play some more with some friends, chase a girlfriend (or boyfriend) and try and kiss them, have a light snack, play with the staff members, collapse and take a nap. Our boy Murphy has been on this diet for about 3 months and he’s lost about 10 pounds. He looks and feels great and our vet was very happy at his last check-up. Do you know of any dogs that might need to get fit in 2009? Let them know about doggie daycare and how it has benefited your dog.
3) Spread the word: We want to get the word out even more about Dogtopia. We would like to thank all of you for helping us out with this goal. This year we plan to get out more in the community and let people know all about the Dogtopia experience. If you see us at events, please stop by and say “hi”. If you know of any upcoming events, let us know and we will check them out.
4) Search out the perfect doggie toy: We like to use the classic Kong toys and although the dogs have lost a little interest in them, they are holding up pretty well. But in order to keep providing new, exciting, and durable things for the doggies to play with, we’ve been on a quest. Find a durable toy that also squeaks. We’ve found that the dogs go apes over the squeaky toys that are chewable (rubber). Over the past month, we’ve been trying out various dog toys in the playroom. Unfortunately, most have not worked out (lasted) as well as we’d like. Our first tester is Muppet. He has a power jaw when it comes to the squeaky ball. He can sit for hours squeaking away. When he comes to daycare, the first thing he does is bark at the cabinet or table where the toys are. Our second tester is Sherlock. He wastes no time getting right into the toy and really puts them to the test. Usually Muppet eliminates a toy pretty quickly before Sherlock can get a hold of it. But, there have been a few toys that have been deemed Muppet proof and then subsequently get demolished by Sherlock. So, it is back to the drawing board as we continue our quest for a toy that will make it past the rigors of the Muppet and Sherlock test program. If you have any suggestions, let us know!
5) Continue to provide premier and consistent quality: Chris and I opened a Dogtopia because we believe most dog owners, like us, want to take their dogs to a place that treats them as if they were their own. We wanted a place that provided: quality care, a clean and safe environment, all inclusive pricing, the ability for owners to see their dogs online, and a caring staff. We work hard everyday to insure that we continue delivering on those principles. But we also want to work on improving our facility and we welcome your ideas, comments, or thoughts. Please let us know how we are doing and what we could do to make our facility an even better place to bring your dogs.
2009 will definitely be a challenging year but we look forward to the prospect of meeting many new dogs and their owners, and of continuing the relationships that we’ve already made. Chris and I again want to thank everyone that helped us launch our business in 2008 and offer thanks in advance for your continued support in 2009. Good luck to everyone with their resolutions and we will keep you updated on the progression of ours.